Sorbent Technology & Sorbent Injection
Since 2004, UCC Environmental (UCC) has pioneered dry sorbent injection technology which injects selected sorbents into the flue gas to control SO2, SO3, mercury and HCI. UCC leads
the industry in demonstration testing and is recognized as the technology leader that delivers system performance and confidence to our customers. Our experience removes the guesswork and we work closely with customers to deliver a reliable solution to each plant’s specification.
• Performance-based turnkey solutions
• Over 30,000 hours of DSI demonstration testing
• UCC VIPER® Mill Technology delivers the highest removal efficiency and greatest cost savings
• UCC’s Patented COBRA™ Lance maximizes particle dispersion in DSI and ACI systems
Multi-Pollutant Control Capability
Many plants are looking for a single, comprehensive solution for the removal of pollutants required by EPA MAT S and CSAPR/CAIR regulations. Determining factors include complex chemistry, fluid dynamics, sorbent selection, injection location and interaction with existing APC equipment such as ACI systems, fuel additives and fabric filter / ESP collection. UCC has extensive experience with simultaneous SO2, SO3, HCI and Hg removal to deliver comprehensive compliance strategies in a timely and economical manner.
UCC Environmental DSI Innovation
• Operational Excellence – Our commitment to innovation delivers cost-effective results in dry sorbent injection systems that achieve removal goals with minimal use of sorbent.
• Splitters – UCC splitters are designed to optimize even sorbent distribution and high removal efficiency while minimizing the risk of plugging
• COBRA® Lance – UCC lances are engineered to maximize particle dispersion and eliminate plugging with no impact on pressure drop in DSI and ACI systems
• CFD Modeling – UCC specializes in Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) modeling of plant duct flows to predict and enhance sorbent distribution in flue gas while minimizing sorbent injection usage
Proven Milling Technology
The VIPER Mill is a proven, reliable technology developed specifically for dry sorbent injection. The UCC patented VIPER Mill operates in line with the DSI system and delivers the smallest particle size, highest throughput and greatest cost savings in the industry. The result is 30 – 50% lower sorbent usage compared with as-delivered material.
• Designed for trona and sodium biacarbonate
• Capacity: 0.5 – 7 tons per hour
• Median particle size: 9 – 15 µm (trona), 15 – 19 µm (SBC)
• Reduced sorbent usage saves millions of dollars
Skid Mounted Installation with Automated Cleaning
The VIPER Mill is equipped with an automated cleaning system to eliminate sorbent build-up. The cleaning cycle ensures consistency in particle size while balancing horsepower, temperature rise and sorbent technology throughout. The VIPER Mill uses either a simple bypass system or redundant skid for uninterrupted DSI operation.
DID YOU KNOW...
UCC offers mobile and temporary wastewater treatment equipment and turnkey services for emergency, short-term and long-term customer needs?