UCC offers sustainable wastewater treatment (WWT) solutions specifically designed for mining and heavy industrial applications. Our goal is to ensure compliance with site-specific discharge requirements. We have extensive capabilities in various areas of wastewater treatment, including freshwater import, groundwater from wells for both production processes and pit backslope dewatering, reclaimed water from tailings storage facilities, surface runoff, and acid rock drainage.
Our expertise extends to active, dormant, and abandoned mines in the United States, providing end-of-life mine water management design, operation, and maintenance services for active mines to ensure eventual closure and post-closure mine reclamation. Additionally, we offer proprietary WWT chemicals, mobile equipment rental, pond closure, landfill leachate treatment, low-volume WWT, and wet flue gas desulfurization WWT services.
With an extensive portfolio of systems, products, and services backed by a long history of successful operating systems within the mining, power generation, and industrial industries, UCC Environmental provides a complete WWT strategy. We offer best-in-class project management, system integration engineering, proven WWT process design, high-performance OEM equipment, post-commissioning services, and support. Our century of experience in serving heavy industrial installations adds to our credibility and expertise in the field.
The Value of Working with the UCC Wastewater Treatment Team
• Holistic WWT Regulations Solutions with Industry-Leading Performance Guarantees
• Proven WWT Expertise and Wastewater Treatment Technologies
• Utility-Recognized Project Execution Approach with Turnkey Capabilities
• Site-Specific Engineered Solutions with Successful Operating References
• Established Customer Commercial Agreements
• Equipment plus Chemistry Offering Optimizing Performance and O&M Costs
• Operational Flexibility and Streamlined System Integration
• Best-in-Class Post-Commissioning Support (Plant Operations Transition, Field Service, Parts, and O&M Services)
• Multiple Heavy Metal Treatment Options
• Intimate Knowledge of Utility DCS/PLC Controls Integration
• Extensive Fleet of Mobile/Modular Wastewater Treatment Equipment
UCC Environmental Advantage
Wastewater management is unique to each site. With over 100 years of expertise, UCC understands the multiple factors influencing flow rate, composition, particle size distribution, pH, and heavy metal contaminants. With any process solution, Wastewater Treatment requirements will continually vary with process input changes, requiring a predictable and agile solution. With a comprehensive understanding of upstream processes, contaminant behaviors, wastewater chemistry, and treatment technologies – UCC provides flexible technical solutions to meet these changing demands. Our team is ready to provide a technology-agnostic solution for your wastewater treatment needs, from process design, technology selection, balance of plant integration, installation, and operation and maintenance. Our WWT team will assess current conditions to identify the contaminant profile, define a scope and sampling plan, analyze for constituents, and develop a customized treatment solution specific to your plant needs.
How can we help?
Our team of experts are happy to help answer any questions you have about UCC’s mining solutions.