UCC Environmental designs and supplies pneumatic conveyor systems that reliably transport oil ash from the collection hoppers to the storage silo.
Oil burning boilers produce a light weight, high carbon soot which precipitates to the pneumatic fly ash collection hoppers. This oil ash is free-flowing when hot but sticky when cool.
Heat tracing and insulating the collection hoppers and conveyor piping keeps the ash hot. A continuously operating pneumatic conveyor using heated conveyor air keeps the ash moving and prevents build-up. The storage bin must also be heat traced and insulated.
The crucial element in conveying oil ash is to maintain the ash temperature so it remains free-flowing and to continuously move the ash from the hoppers to the storage bin.
Oil Ash Performance Specs
DEPAC Oil Ash Pressure System:
• The higher material to air ratio helps to maintain temperature and particle flow
• Continuous, automatic operation (fill, pressurize, discharge, convey) to prevent ash buildup
• Low energy consumption
• Proven performance and reliability with over 100 tallations worldwide.
• DEPAC Oil Ash systems are designed to run continuously 24/7
• Small diameter conveying pipe allows easy pipe routing for design flexibility
• Controlled low velocity conveying minimizing abrasion on tanks, valves and piping
How can we help?
Our team of experts are happy to help answer any questions you have about UCC’s solids solutions.